Search form

menu menu

Would I be asked to give back my card F and leave the country?


Hi all,

Officially, I have been living with my girlfriend for 4.5 years and I have had my card F from 3 years. I just separated from my girl friend and I don't want to do.

My current situation, I am a PhD student with funding but my funding and contract ends in September and get renewed for another one year ( usually the renewal is not stated in the contract but that is how it has been for the last two years) .

I don't know if the commune will allow me keep the card since I have income from the university?

Or not since officially my contract ends in September.

Additional information, I am not due to apply for naturalization because when we first applied for family reunion it was denied and my residences was cancelled ( I got to find out early this year). So officially I have been living legally with obstruction to my residence for a little 3 years.

Thanks in anticipation of response/suggestions/advice.


Your are a Phd student with funding. Go and talk to your university.

You don't say what university you're studying at, but every university in the country has some sort of international students office that deals with these sorts of situations every day. Thats what they exist for.

Jul 16, 2021 10:26