The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Working through a service company


Does anybody here have experience on working through a UK based service company?

I am in negotiations about a role in Brussels and am investigating the possibility of acting through a UK based service company. Does anybody have any advice? Upsides? Downsides? What are the Belgian tax implications? I would expect to be resident in Belgium, but also remain a UK taxpayer and return to the UK after two years or so.


That us extremely simple. If you intend to RESIDE for longer than 3 months in Belgium, you are required by laws to apply within the 8 days of your arrival to the commune where you want to reside, to get a Residence Permit.

As soon you are Belgian resident, you are rerquired to declare in the annual tax forms, your worldwide revenues, worldwide assets and worldwide bank accounts.

Dec 6, 2011 08:08