Search form

menu menu

Work Permit




I am an EU national living and working in Brussels. My De facto partner/girlfriend is not an EU citizen, but wishes to move over to join me.

She has already had indications on her last visit that many people would want to hire her as a consultant in her field, but is unaware of the Work Permit situation. A co-habitation visa is not a problem, but can anyone let me know if a Work Permit is a) required, (as i've read different things, apparently my status as an EU national makes life easier) and b) if one is required, which one should we look at for consultant work. (as the one's I could find on the Brussels website were not all that appropriate for such work.)


Many Thanks for any assistance.


It is up to her future employer in Belgium to perform all the paperwork to get a work permit for her.

Sep 13, 2011 23:05