The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Women's Health.


A friend has Fibroids and wants to get pregnant but is stressed about the whole thing. Can anyone recommend a doctor that specilaises in advising women who want to get pregnant but have Fibroids?



She is 41 years old. Generally in good health.

May 23, 2019 21:13

Her family doctor knows her medical history and will have to deal with her pregnancy so that should be the first person to ask. Alternatively her mutuelle if there is a local office where she can get advice.
That said, most doctors would advise that a 41 year old should NOT get pregnant.

May 24, 2019 10:04

Hi Kassiestamper, thanks. Why should she not get pregnant - age?

May 24, 2019 10:23

Generally speaking the recommendation is that pregnancy over the age of 40 carries far more risks than for a younger woman. Of course, women over 40 DO get pregnant but it is something that should be discussed in advance with a doctor who is aware of the woman's health history.

May 24, 2019 11:57

I suggest that your friend and her partner both go and discus this together with her GP.

May 24, 2019 14:28