The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

US visa for a child


Yes, he needs a separate passport for sure. Not sure about the visa; best thing you can do is call up and find out.

But from the belgian usa website:

My children are included in my passport. Do they need their own passports to go to the US under the Visa Waiver Program?

Children, even infants, need their own machine-readable passports for travel under the Visa Waiver Program.

and if you wonder what does infant mean:

The term infant is typically applied to human children between the ages of 1 month and 12 months; however, definitions vary between birth and 3 years of age. A newborn is an infant who is only hours, days, or up to a few weeks old.

You can go to your own country's usa website and also see what it says about the visa...

Jan 20, 2012 14:31