The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Travel with kids beyond the EU


Hi all,
The ex wants to travel to their country of origin which is far away outside the EU.
There is no problem from me just who initiates the papers?
They are insistent that I go to my commune to request but as the kids with with the ex I would have thought that they would have to initiate as they are the traveling party?
Anyone any ideas/ experience?
Thanks !!!


It's not complicated. You are the parent that needs to give the other parent authority to travel without you, so yes you need to go and do the paper. It's a standard form.

Jun 24, 2019 09:31