The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Tax reduction - caring for baby at home


Hi, I have a person who has her certificate to be authorized for childcare but does not have a "centre d'accueil" yet. She is interested in keeping our baby at our place.
Do you know if she should be able to deliver us a document so that we can claim tax reduction? I have not seen a lot of information with regards to childcare at home in Belgium, which could be seen as private nounou.
Can you please advise? Thanks


nope not unless your home is inspected by ONE / Kind en Gezin.

Jul 1, 2013 13:48

But how does it work for Gardienne à domicile? I read they are "formally" recognized too.
Probably I should call them to verify what is understood as this title.

Jul 1, 2013 13:54

yes at their domicile I believe, not heard of one coming to yours, that's a nanny and they are not regulated. Ask one I suppose and you'll find out or look on the ONE and Kind en Gezin websites. There are not too many official childminders about.

Jul 1, 2013 16:05