The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

sponsorship permit


We are non european citizens but planning on settling down here due to my husbands job. Its been two years since we are here. I am planning on opening up my own business and hoping to get my sister down so we could run the business together. What are my chances in getting her here? Am I eligible to sponsor her? How should I get about it?

From the archives

Hi ,

I am not sure whether you have thought of the below yet ,
Do you have the valid documents to start your business ?
I think you need to have an unlimited Residence Permit which i doubt
you can get after just 2 years of stay.
Or is your husband selfemployed and has an sprl ? Maybe if both of you are in the same line of business he can sponsor yours and your sisters W/P.

Else you can only bring your sister on a tourist visa here for 3 months
and then she cannot work.

Aug 22, 2011 17:26