The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Schaerbeek commune register advise


Hello all,

My husband from the EU and me as a non-eu, we both about to register at the Schaerbeek commune.

I wondering does anyone came across of experience that as a spouse I would need to present my birth certificate?


Yes, you do need certificates. You'll probably need 2-3 visits to get it right, but the commune staff will help you with what you need to do, and they are by far the best place to get advice.

Go early - Schaerbeek often has long queues.

Jun 20, 2018 17:14