The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Sale without control technique?


My car did not pass its control technique. Can I sell the car without it? Thank you for any help.


You can sell it to a dealer or you can sell it for cash to one of the gentleman who specialise in exporting cars to Africa.

Without the CarPass from the CT you can't sell, or even give away, your car to another individual because they will have no way of registering their ownership of it.

Jun 4, 2015 20:43

BECASSE is right. Car dealers and exporters won't give you much for it, but if the price is OK for you that's easiest. If it is relatively expensive to fix it to pass CT then selling without would be your better option.

Jun 6, 2015 00:30

If you want a decent price for it -- check how much the repairs would cost to get it through the CT (and remember you need a special CT for sale "car pass") -- Without -- it is worth little more than scrap value

Jun 6, 2015 08:34

only for export
or with a broker

Dec 13, 2017 17:07