Search form

menu menu

Rust convertor and paint for metal gate


Hi hoping to get around to repairing the metal gate but has a quantity of rust on bottom that may leave hole if brushed off.
Does anyone know if one can buy rust convertor here if so where. Not noticed it in local DIY shops maybe looking in wrong place.
Also where is best places to buy metal gate paint like hammerite style without paying a fortune


Try any large Brico.

Jul 16, 2017 17:37

Hi anon as above not seem it locally so a suggestion if in bricco try this isle called x would have been better than stating the blooming obvious

Jul 18, 2017 07:42

"better than stating the blooming obvious"

Surprisingly CC_R, although I know a lot, unfortunately I don't know the aisle arrangement and shelf layout of every Brico in Belgium so I can't guide you at that level of detail. Just go along and ask for it, they'll have it in every shop. I don't know the exact phrase in French, but I'd start with "peinture antirouille" (no idea what you would try in Flemish I'm afraid).

And for your further question about cost, you're unlikely to get it significantly cheaper than Brico, unless you try shopping in Holland, Germany or the U.K. where you can buy this sort of stuff at perhaps half the price.

Jul 18, 2017 10:44