The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Residence Permit/Card Type "F"


sooo.....i got the Belgium Residence Card Type F....when i travel abroad I use my Passport...issued by my native country....but returning to Belgium....which line do I now go into at the airport ? I go into the line for EU/Belgian Citizens or the one for everyone else?


in my opinion :
If your native passport is not from European countries then ALL PASSPORTS queue to be followed.

May 24, 2018 16:46

Congrats. You just got your right to live and work in BE but that does not change anything in your traveling. You will continue to be holder of your origin passport. Your citizenship did not change. Always you are obliged to carry your passport together with your F card when you leave Belgium, whether by land, air or sea. Not forgetting you have to always keep with you your F card within Belgium

May 24, 2018 16:53

Your F card is not a travel document. You have to use your passport to get in & out of the Schengen zone. You may not need it for travel within the Schengen zone, but you still need it with you, as it can still be checked.

May 25, 2018 09:17

Unfortunately it will still be ALL Passports line but I understand the hope :) Matter of time till you qualify and apply for citizenship then you can use either.

May 25, 2018 16:00

I am the holder of F-Kaart and whenver I travel with my partner (EU citizen), I always go to EU line (particularly when entering Schengen in BE) and never been sent to general line. I tried the same when travelling alone - worked as well.
Family members of belgians / EU citizens are treated equally to belgians /EU citizens btw... at least here in Belgium. thogh the situaiton might differ in other Schengen countries as some of them look weird at F-cards.
Good luck and easy travel,

May 31, 2018 17:47

person who said that the F card is not a travel document is is a travel document for entering Belgium, thank you

Jan 9, 2019 07:54