Requirements for Belgian Permanent Residency
I am not able to find the official website which lists all the requirements for a permanent residency in Belgium. Can someone help me with this?
What I have read on numerous posts is that -
1. You need to have an uniterrupted stay of 5 years.
- Does this include the time you spent in Belgium as a student?
2. You cannot leave Belgium for a period of more than 1 year in total in the past 5 years.
- Is there an explanation somewhere on how the commune / Belgian immigration authorities calculate this one year period.
- Is it only the number of days outside the Schengen area or the number of days outside Belgium? How do they keep track of this?