The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Registration at Schaarbeek


Im a non EU university student in Brussels and almost 2 months ago I went to the schaarbeek town hall to extend my residence permit. I went on the 13th of October, and my card expired on the 31st of October. The first time i went, they told me that they had to send my documents to Foreign Affairs and that I had to wait 3-4 weeks for their approval to extend my permit, so they sent me home emoty handed. I went a second time after 4 weeks of no news and they told me they hadn’t heard from Foreign Affairs, and they gave me the Annex 15 document which expires on December 15. I went back a third time as I was quite anxious, and they told me again that I had to wait, just like the rest of the students, for a response from Foreign Affairs. Fast forward to now, and I still have not heard back. My question is, what happens after my Annex 15 document expires? Do I go back and ask for another one?



Nov 27, 2017 23:14

Normally the Annex 15 is getting prolonged untill you get your residence permit. so, try to go to the commune before 15 December to ask it to be prolonged.
Regarding the new residence permit, try to contact infodesk of the Ministry ( normally commune has nothing to do with this) and ask them directly it is taking so long.

Dec 12, 2017 14:31