The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Register move with commune



I will be moving communes shortly within Brussels. Could somebody please tell me the procedure with the commune. Thank you in advance for all answers


You go to villa de bruxelles population office with proof of new address and wait for police visit then you have your address changed.

Feb 17, 2017 11:52

You go to the population department of your new commune (even if it is the same as previously) with proof of your new address (acte de vente or rental agreement) plus your eID card and they will make a provisional note of it and order a police visit. Once the police visit has been successfully completed your registered address will be updated automatically.

Feb 17, 2017 14:41

Go to te commune where you will be living and all administration occurs there

Feb 18, 2017 19:40

In many communes you can now request the move online if you have an eID and card reader. The police will then come and you do have to go back to the Commune after this but just to update the chip on your card.

Feb 20, 2017 09:44