Search form

menu menu

question about what code to use for tax declaration


Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help with this, I am an apartment owner where i can the annual property tax (revenue cadastrale/precompte immobiliere) I contacted SPF(Service publique Finance) however there is answer is unclear.

I would like to know which tax code does one use to declare te revenue cadastrale.

Thanks, much appreciated.


Go to your local commune tax clinic and get them to help you, or pay an accountant. Do not rely on random advice. Use an expert. It's cheaper.

May 27, 2018 23:31

Do you live in this apartment (and, if you do, do you run a business from it) or do you rent it out or is it unoccupied or a second home?

In the first case, that you live in the apartment and don't use it as a base for a business, you do not declare the revenue cadastre at all. The only tax that you pay on it is the précompte imbobillière which is collected separately.

May 28, 2018 10:10

Best to do as J says.

May 28, 2018 12:31

Hello Becasse,

Thank you for your reply, the apartment is occupied by myself no business os operating from the property.

So that its clear the annual tax that i pay on the apartment i do not declare?

May 28, 2018 22:42

" Certains revenus de biens immobiliers sont exonérés et vous ne devez pas les déclarer au cadre III. Il s'agit :
- des revenus de l'«habitation propre»;
Par « habitation propre » il faut entendre l'habitation que vous avez occupée personnellement en 2017 "

May 28, 2018 23:08

On the front of the tax form below the fold and on the right you will see an address with 'open from x to y (in June from x to z).
Go there with all the relevant paperwork and they will fill the form in for you and they will get it correct.

May 29, 2018 08:49

And it's free of charge!

May 29, 2018 08:50