Search form

menu menu

question about renting a room


Dear All,

Hope all is well, I live in Brussels and am a 2 bedroom apartment owner and would like to rent the spare bedroom. I would like to know the following:

* Would i need to make a contract?
* Is there a website that already possesses templates?
* Would i need to pay tax on the rental earnings and how much?
* If i need to pay ta is this submitted at the end of the financial year or end of the contract?
* Would anyone be able to recommend a website that provides all the legal requirements of the owner and tenant?

Thanks, wishing you all a great day :)

J May 1, 2018 09:44

I imagine yes get a contract when someone moves in and you discover they are unpleasant you need a way to get them out.
Clearly set out what is included and also house rules about use of kitchen bathroom noise etc.
Maybe a student would be good as a first they often want shorter contracts.
Yes you will have to declare it. Ask your tax office about what yid pay as they know your circumstances.

May 4, 2018 08:53