Search form

menu menu

A psychologist for a child


Hello, I am looking for an English speaking psychologist for a child. Can you please recommend someone? Thank you!


Try Community Help Service, a not for profit help service for the international community.

Oct 6, 2016 16:00
Mark L-W

I also suggest the CHS on 02/647.67.80 between 10 and 16u.

Oct 6, 2016 21:41

Thanks a lot!

Oct 6, 2016 23:18

Whilst CHS is a good organisation it's very expensive, most mutelles won't cover this. If you want to go there you have to ring and ask them to discuss your case, then decide if they can work with you and who has the space for your case. We have had some good experiences but also very negative one with CHS. In particular one of the psychiatrist they have failed to diagnose our child correctly and spent all his time berating me for not wanting to give my child Ritalin, which simply want effect. Now he has correct diagnosis it's clear it never would be,
I would also suggest approaching your GP and asking them to recommend someone in your area.

Oct 8, 2016 08:11

I agree with CC_R. Although the CHS is a very good organisation, sessions are very expensive. And we found the admin/appt making/communication all quite slow and onerous considering the price (although that could just be our experience!). I think the phones are manned by volunteers so I shouldn't really complain about this! I should say that my child did receive reasonably good care but for various reasons, we weren't overly impressed.

When a brief follow up was need, we asked around and had a much better experience here:

Very professional/fully licensed etc.

Good luck!

Oct 8, 2016 15:00

Thank you again for all your advice!

Oct 9, 2016 22:14