The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

US Broker-Dealer registered in Belgium needed for IRA


Does anyone know of a US Broker-Dealer registered in Belgium? Needed for an IRA transfer ASAP.


Unfortunately, this sort of thing would have been far easier to sort out if you'd done it before leaving the US. Not sure you're going to find anyone in Belgium that's US registered that you can transfer your IRA to. You would be better advised speaking to a US based financial advisor that deals with expat US citizens. For example here:

It's not a recommendation, as I don't know them, but there is a US registered investment advisor based Belgium. You can see their US registration here: and if you click on the "part 2, brochure" you can see a description of their services.

Finally, most of the large US mutual fund firms that provide IRA's have U.K. based (and hence EU regulated) subsidiaries. You may want to consider speaking with them.

Mar 3, 2018 12:21

Try contacting the American Chambers of Commerce Brussels office.
Tel. 02 513 67 70

Mar 5, 2018 12:18

Thank you for your assistance. I believe I have found, after a couple of attempts, a US-based financial advisor able to set up the transfer.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Mar 9, 2018 17:48