Search form

menu menu

Need an eID card for CAPAC?


Hi everyone, I'm soon applying for unemployment. I live in Brussels and so wil have to deal with Actiris and CAPAC. I heard that at the latter, you need to show your Belgien eID card. I'm registered normally with the commune, but never applied for this card. I don't have a Belgian driver's license, either - all I have is my (EU) home country's ID and passport. Do I need the Belgian card?


You must have a card from the commune.
Go and get one now.

Feb 12, 2019 15:34

If your home country happens to be the UK, you need to exchange your existing driving licence for a Belgian one tout de suite. If the UK crashes out of the EU on March 29, UK driving licences will cease to be valid for anyone who has been a Belgian registered resident for more than 12 months and a Belgian driving test will have to be passed before a new Belgian licence can be issued.

Feb 12, 2019 17:19