The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Marriage guidance counsellor



Can anyone suggest a marriage guidance counsellor, fluent in French and English (and I mean fluent) based around the EU area or in the communes stretching East from there?

Thank you.


I would probably try the helpline at CHS as a first port of call. They have a lot of information on multi lingual folks like this. Tel : (02) 648 40 14

If that doesn't bring results, you could try contacting something like the Association pour la Médiation Familiale and asking if they could recommend someone.

There is also a government register of "authorised" mediators.

Select under
Domaine d'intervention : Mediation Familliale
Langue : Anglais

Feb 21, 2019 12:56

Thank you. I am not familiar with the "mediateur" system. Is this for couples who have already decided to divorce, or do they offer support and advice to try and potentially avoid such a decision, if feasible?

Feb 21, 2019 14:19

@P - ok, so I probably answered a bit fast - yes these mediateurs are more along the lines of legal mediators who will help you come to a "deal".

If you're looking more for a marriage counsellor, then I would go straight to CHS and ask them for a referral.

Or you could also try here:

Just as a piece of advice, be careful going into any relationship counseling that you accept the possibility that the end result may not be what you want.

Feb 21, 2019 18:15

@anon, thank you.

Feb 25, 2019 08:44