The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Liability insurance


Got a contract in Belgium. They need a "liability insurance". What is the easiest way I can satisfy this requirement, with the minimum of upfront cash?

Is it well-defined what they mean? Or I should ask them before I try to find a broker?
Could I initially put the insurance in my name, or does it have to be connected to the company I am working through?
I will probably start with a LIMOSA, (Foreign company) and I am quite cash-strapped. before the first payment.


sorry, it took me 2 seconds to translate this expression into French > Responsabilité Civile Professionelle!

go to an insurance broker around your corner and for the RC Pro and they will work out one for you and your needs (max. amount, what's covered etc.).
All big insurance companies (AXA, Allianz, Generali ...) offer the RC Pro and it will take a while to complete the necessary questionnaire, your contract (attention: it will be in French or Dutch (or German) as legal country's language ready for signature and finally your payment.

The broker will tell you about 'my name' or 'company working through' etc.

Good luck, xl

Jan 27, 2017 20:24

Needs are to satisfy client :-)

I went to a Fortis branch, they don't do this (in Fortis offices).
Could be nice to have 2 offices close by, so I can compare 2 in a short time

Jan 28, 2017 15:16

Sounds like professional liability insurance.

How much cover to they need?
What sort of contract is it?

Jan 28, 2017 15:53

Regular IT "contracting" role. Not operational :-)

Jan 28, 2017 16:22

You don't need it then.

Jan 28, 2017 18:13