The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu




I recently got B type permit from belgium employer and I have also received my visa. My question is in case my employer close their belgium office or I loose my job, in that case can i apply for new jobs in belgium or I have to leave Belgium?


With a type B W/P you are bound to the employer. So, in this case i guess you would have to leave the country. The other option is to search for a job in the meantime. If your prospective new employer is willing to apply for your W/P then you can stay back . In this case you must inform old employer about the developments who will then have to do some paper work for the transfer.

Sep 21, 2011 12:17