Search form

menu menu

ID card


If you need an ID card to rent an apartment and get a job, but you can't get an ID card without an apartment, how to get around this problem?
Many thanks,

From the archives

Use your passport to rent the appartment, then use your rental contract and the passport to register with your commune and apply there for your belgian (residence) ID card. For your job contract you present your passport, the commune registration (if you haven't received the ID card by then) and your SIS card (if by then you have already signed up with a mutuelle for health insurance).

Sep 2, 2011 14:19