Search form

menu menu

flooded basement


As a result of the storm this morning, a large pipe in our boiler room has burst resulting in lots of water gushing out of it. The basement is completely flooded to the depth of approx 2-3 cms of water.
We rent the house and the landlord is on holidays.
We will need to get a plumber (can anyone recommend a good English speaking one?) Will we be liable to pay for work done or can we give the bill to the landlord?
Will we be able to claim from our insurance company for damaged items?

From the archives

If it's still gushing water, turn off the main water tap. Must be somewhere in your cellar. Does mean the toilets won't refill or have water from the kitchen tap. Ask a neighbour for a name of a plumber.

Sep 1, 2011 16:10