The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Fax or registered letter?


I was told that I should contact my landlord by registered mail. Does anyone know if sending a fax has the same legal status in Belgium?


No, it doesn't.

Jun 29, 2016 14:43

The best is recorded delivery (I think accuse de reception). That way you have a signed document of receipt.

Jun 29, 2016 21:50

Registered letter with accusée de réception. You fill in the papers at the Post Office, and the pink accusée de réception is stuck to the envelope and will be returned to you with the signature of your landlord.

Jun 29, 2016 23:59

The alternative is to actually hand the letter to your landlord AND get him/her to sign a copy acknowledging receipt (with the date).

Jun 30, 2016 09:52

Very simple to do pop into the post office and simply fill in a form then post, not excessive in cost and worth every penny when dealing with a landlord

Jun 30, 2016 10:08