The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Double taxation agreement


Can someone who knows please confirm if the following is correct? If I live in Belgium and work in Switzerland (as an EU citizen with a cross border commuter status) I pay Swiss tax on my salary and I do not have to declare this income on my Belgian tax return because of the double taxation agreement. Right? Or do I have to declare it anyway?

From the archives

Yes you MUST declare it if you are living in Belgium, depends on cicumstances to which country you pay the tax to, but you must declare your income and also assets to Belgium. You also need to be registered as living in Belgium. Cross border worker myself, declare to 2 countries, pay in only 1.

Sep 6, 2011 16:26