Search form

menu menu

Documentation needed to marry in Belgium?


I have a question on how easy is to upgrade a cohabitation to a marriage. I am non-eu and my partner is Belgian. I have a 5 year permit. We have a cohabitation contract for the last 5 years. I am leaving the country and we want to leave married.

What kind of documentation will be expected to marry?

From the archives

You don't "upgrade" to marriage. You either get married or you don't. Whether you have a legal cohabitation agreement already or not is irrelevant. You'll need all the papers you needed for your cohabitation agreement, (probably all legalized within the past three months, so you can't re-use old docs). FInally, the only people who can really tell you this is your commune, as it can differ according to where you live

Sep 6, 2011 11:46