Search form

menu menu

Debt Advice


Hello readers,
If one has an outstanding debt. What is the legal position / process, if the other party gets a Huissier involved? Do the Huissier have a legal right to demand payment and is there a legal timeframe that must be observed? Do they have a legal right to consfiscate items and sell them?
Thanks for any advice. It's a very difficult and worrying situation.


Go urgently to the CPAS/OCMW of your commune/gemeente with all the relevant paperwork and get them to explain the situation and possible lines of action to you. Their advice is good ... and free.

Mar 10, 2022 14:30

Agree 100% totally with BECASSE - go and see the CPAS/OCMW at your commune/gemeente.

Mar 11, 2022 14:46