The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Damaged House


Friends returned from summer holidays to find the roof on their long-term rental property had fallen in on two floors. Much damage has been done to building and their possessions. They are not allowed to live in it. They have paid 11,000E in costs so far and now are paying hotel bills for temporary accomodation. This does not seem right. Can someone please clarify what their rights are in such an event? Luckily they were away otherwise their child may not be here as roof fell on her bed.
Mnay thanks

From the archives

I think the insurance covers this, at least our agency asked us to take picture in case of damage with estimated price (value of broken things). Either the house insurance covers this or the insurance of owner.
Good luck!

Sep 5, 2011 13:15