The platform for Belgium's international community

Search form

menu menu

Cross border worker


I am an expat and resident of netherlands. My husband is resident of belgium. I have to move to belgium to live with him but continue working in netherlands. Please can you suggest what are the possibilities?
Do I have register in belgium and get resident permit over there ?
What will happen to my expat tax benefits I receive in Ntherlands?
Will I have to leave my Netherlands resident permit ?


What residence permit?

Apr 2, 2019 20:07

You have not really provided enough information. Why do you have to live in Belgium? If you rent a property in the Netherlands and visit Belgium, then you can probably keep current status.

You need to consult an accountant and if it is a big company, talk to your HR department. There are clear guidelines for cross border working and residency and tax.

Apr 3, 2019 00:30

If you are already getting expat benefits (e.g. the 30% ruling) in the Netherlands, that is something applied for and managed through your employer. You should speak to them.

Apr 3, 2019 09:21

You'll probably want these in Dutch or English. Google for the equivalent of "travail transfrontalier belgique"

Apr 3, 2019 12:04