Search form

menu menu

Continental power plug tops


I want to replace the plug tops on some kitchen appliances ive brought over from the UK, but want to use the plug tops where the cable connects via the bottom, rather than the back. I mean the sort like you usually get on ready-made power strips.

Does anyone now a shop or, preferably website where I can buy these?
I've looked in all the main hardware shops, and online - even on German and Dutch sites, but all I can find are the ones where the connection goes into the back...

Thanks in advance!


Like this?ériaux/electricité/interrupteur/prises-de-courant/fiche-avec-terre-kopp-blanc/2103415

Jul 10, 2015 11:47

After a similar search I came to the conclusion that there aren't any.

It is easy to design a moulded-on plug where the cable emerges orthogonally but much less easy to design a similar plug that can be assembled/disassembled and I suspect that is the reason.

Don't forget that in Belgium both sides can be "live" unlike in the UK where one side is "live" and the other "neutral".

Jul 10, 2015 11:51

Teb may I ask why? Most plugs here come straight out this makes them easier to extract. Bigger appliances they are hidden behind so you can't see. Small ones you can unplug. The system is just different to the UK

Jul 10, 2015 17:49

That Brico prise obviously isn't as neat as a moulded on plug but it does seem to meet the OP's spec. I've made a note of it too.

Jul 10, 2015 20:38

Thanks for the Brico link. I've never seen one like that in my local store before but that does seem similar to what I'm. Looking for.
The reason I want them is because on kitchen appliances, they look neater and since the cable doesn't stick out so far you can push the appliance further back against the wall. I can't see why regular ones would be easier to extract unless you pull them out by the cable but that could cause damage and loosens the cables from the terminals so I would never do the anyway....

Jul 11, 2015 15:31