Search form

menu menu



Hello I would like to ask if someone could guide me about how to claim chomage.
I worked here for a few years before i was laid off.
Today I inscribed in Actiris but given my lack of french langauge knowldge i did not get very well what am i supposed to do next.
Im not member of any Syndicat and not sure if i need to become a member to claim chomage, or where do i have to go really...
Thanks a lot for your answers!!!


Below info is for Flanders. Dont know about Wallonia or Brussels.

After you're laid off you would have got the C4. On the C4 it will say that you were terminated. If you left the job then you wont get unemployment benefits for 1 year.

Anyway here is the process:
1. In Flanders, you need to log into your VDAB account and change your status to unemployed since xx/yy/zz and print out the certificate that indicates you are registered as unemployed.
2. You have the C4. Take the C4 and the above document to the Hulpkas agency in your town and they will process the paperwork and take you bank acc details.
3. Once above is done, end of each month you log into below website and select days that you were unemployed and submit. In few days you will get your money in your bank account.

Jan 2, 2021 22:31