Search form

menu menu

Child with F+ card no social support


what benefits can a 13 years old child with an F+ card whose Belgian father passed away and now living with a non EU mother get?
Where can the child seek help?


If the child's birth certificate shows a Belgian father who is now dead, the child will inherit from the father. The rules of inheritance here are clearly laid down by law. Take advice from a notaris. The first visit will be free if you simply seek advice but the notaris does not actually do any work for you.
Otherwise ask at your commune and/or your mutuelle.

Sep 3, 2022 11:30

The child has a Belgian parent, so should have Belgian nationality. Why is this not the case?
F+ = non-EU national with permanent residency. The mother should also have an F+ card. Therefore, if there is any entitlement to financial assistance, the mother should be able to get it for her and the child. That will include family allowance and tax breaks an might include financial assistance through the OCMW/CPAS.
The child itself is not actually entitled to anything.

Sep 5, 2022 15:56