Search form

menu menu

Child allowance


A question to those working in the belgia, private sector and married to a european official who have kids.

My wife works for the parliament and I work an an employee in the private sector. We get family allowances via the Parliament.

I pay social security in Belgium so do I qualify for the prime de nassiance and the allocations familiale? I have the paperwork and need to declare the situation regarding allowances from the parliament.

The question is - is it worth it puttig the paperwork in, or we we not qualify due to my wifes allowances via the parliament. With them we get a monthly amount, but no prime de naissance.

Anyone experienced a similar sitiuation?




Shocking typing - did not read back before posting, sorry!

Oct 26, 2011 12:33