Search form

menu menu

Change of address on car?


I've recently moved and was wondering how I can change the address on my car registration?

I've looked online and it isn't clear if I do it at my new commune or go to the DIV directly?


When we moved a couple of years ago the Commune did it. If I remember, we took the yellow/pink ownership documents and they wrote the new address in.

And that was it...I think if there is not sufficient space on the slip - if you have moved before, say - it's a bit more complicated, especially if you have an older 3/3 number plate, but for us it worked fine (and we have one old style and one new style plate)

Nov 3, 2016 13:20
Aussie Guy

Semi related question,

When you move house do you notify your current commune, new commune, or both?

Nov 3, 2016 13:53

You reregister with the new borough you have moved to; no need to inform the old borough.

Nov 3, 2016 16:20
Eric Ash

You have to go to your new commune.


Lorsque vous changez d’adresse, vous disposez de quatorze jours pour présenter votre certificat d'immatriculation à l’administration communale de votre nouvelle résidence. Cette administration effectuera le changement d’adresse directement dans une des cases du certificat d'immatriculation
prévues à cet effet.

Nov 5, 2016 21:13

Thanks - do I also need to bring the part of the registration certificate that is kept in the car?

Nov 7, 2016 20:34