Search form

menu menu

certificate of good conduct


I returned to the UK in 2014. I have one certificate of good conduct which was issued on Oct 2013. I therefore need another one to cover Oct 13 to Nov 14. Where do I ask for this please? Is it the commune building (1200?) and in which case can anyone tell me how long this might take?


Ring them up and ask. You need an "extrait de casier judiciaire"

Jun 7, 2019 16:42

Thanks. I see they are closed on Friday afternoons so will try next week. It's a pain as I have a UK police check and because I have kept the same UK address for 18 years, the DBS said they didn't need the Belgian check. I have a job offer (2 hours a week) and they want a Belgian check. My full-time job didn't and were happy with the UK check! Red tape...

Jun 7, 2019 16:58

If it's for a job outside Belgium, there is a central point of contact, rather than getting it from your former Maison communale.

Instructions are on this link, it's a brussels address.

Jun 7, 2019 17:57

Many thanks. Looks like the central office is the one to contact then.

Jun 11, 2019 10:44