Car insurance cost for a young adolescent driver
I am trying insure a old VW golf with my 19 year old son as primary driver.
Intention is he should use that car for practice, after getting Belgian provisional license, to eventually get his official license. We are just looking for a cheap, no frills, minimum legally required third-party coverage only (and perhaps add legal protection and bonus protection to it, to avoid premium jump in case of accident)
When I approached my insurance agent, he says the power of the car(81 kW) is high and it cannot be insured in conventional manner. As per him, one of the conditions for insuring young adults is, car needs to under 60kW. If such conditions are not met, he has to approach Bureau de Tarification that will offer an insurance and he doesn’t know the price there yet.
I already suspect a typical insurance for young adult would at least be double the cost. Bureau de Tarification, being an insurance for special cases, I am even worried this may perhaps quadruple the insurance cost :(
1) Is there any website where check insurance conditions for young adolescent drivers in Belgium?
2) Has anybody worked with Bureau de Tarification for a similar scenario and knows how much an insurance for a young adolescent would cost?
3) Is it true that young adults can’t drive car with power than 60kW?
4) Any recommendation for a cheap, affordable insurer in Belgium for young adults (just 18+)
5) is everybody letting theier kids drive only a car less than 60kW?