- Daily & Weekly newsletters
- Buy & download The Bulletin
- Comment on our articles
Brussels Votes! Join The Bulletin’s debate ahead of the 2018 local elections
Ahead of the Belgian local elections in October, The Bulletin is organising a free debate in English on 17 September to tackle the issues affecting Brussels’ international community.
With a record number of non-Belgian residents registered to vote, this is your chance to ask the questions you want answered, find out why the elections matter and why your vote counts.
We will discuss big issues from public cleanliness to traffic and air quality, from social inequalities and community initiatives to school and creche facilities around Brussels.
Moderating the event is Belgian political philosopher and economist Philippe Van Parijs.
The Bulletin is offering refreshments to round off the evening.
Local politicians joining the panel include:
- Sandra Ferretti (Watermael-Boitsfort, DéFi)
- David Leisterh (Watermael-Boitsfort, MR)
- Ans Persoons (Brussels-City, Change.Brussels)
- Lucien Rigaux (Etterbeek, PS)
- Johan Van den Driessche (Brussels-City, N-VA)
- Bertrand Wert (Ixelles, Ecolo)
Register for free today and join us for a lively evening of debate in the EU quarter.
When: Monday 17 September, 18.00-20.00
Where: Science 14 meeting space, 14b Rue de la Science, 1040 Brussels. Metro: Arts-Loi