Search form

menu menu

Belgian emergency passport


Does anyone know the procedure for applying for an emergency Belgian passport? Child born in Belgium, born to 2 British parents. Need to travel and haven't got British passport organised.
Any info gratefully received. Thanks


Well is your child Belgian as I doubt it, you don't get Belgian nationality just because you are born here.

If your child is Belgian, you buy an ID card at the local maison communale.

You cannot leave Belgium without a passport for your child, even to France of Luxembourg etc you need proof of nationality which you cannot do without a national ID card / passport.

For a British passport, you need to apply to Paris. You would have to plead for an emergency passport in Brussels for a baby, something like a funeral to go to, but I have never ever seen these issued to babies as a first issue.

Dec 12, 2011 22:19