Search form

menu menu

Aim-BSc in Belgium: where to test French language level before arriving in Belgium


I believe a potential student (UK passport, normally resident outside Belgium) considering a Belgian university needs to show their level of French language competency prior to acceptance as an undergraduate.
Can this be done outside Belgium?
Where are the test centres, if there are any?
Contact info eg email?
(Currently living outside Belgium, UK passport)


1. Ask the university what specific standard is required (B2, C1, C2 even - it could vary with the course) and what certification is acceptable.

2. I presume that the university that interests you IS francophone, the majority of student places in Belgium are, in theory at least, nederlandophone in line with the population, and a few courses are taught in English.

Mar 21, 2017 20:32

I hope you will be paying full non EU fees in the middle of your second year of study. I certainly don't want my taxes being used to support the education of British immigrants

Mar 22, 2017 10:11

ULB Post their requirements here, but they are the same for all higher education establishments in the french speaking community in Belgium.

Mar 22, 2017 11:37

Are people who come to study actually immigrants then, Rupert?

Mar 22, 2017 12:54