WORKSHOP Art Portrait Photography in Bruges
rt Portrait Photography Workshop
Bruges, Belgium. Sunday, 17 November 2019.
What is included?
· An outdoor photoshoot in a historic city in Belgium, which is a World Heritage Site of UNESCO and nicknamed the Venice of the North.
· An indoor photoshoot in a beautiful world heritage salon ‘Guild of Merchant Taylors’ (1779) inside a 4-star hotel.
· A session to learn my general style of post-processing (Photoshop).
· A model with a beautiful dress and make-up.
· Sandwich lunch and drinks (coffee, tea, water, juice)
The price is €150 (incl. VAT), to be paid in full to IBAN BE44 0017 8191 3945, with a communication '[your name] + [your email] workshop 17/11'. An invoice will be provided. Cancellation can be made up to 7 days before the workshop with full refund, 50% thereafter.
Number of participants: Min = 5, Max = 8
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the workshop may be rescheduled, in which case the fee will be fully refunded, or transferred to another date as convenient for the participants.
09:00 Welcome and Coffee
10:00 Outdoor shooting (2h)
12:00 Lunch break
13:00 Indoor shooting (2h)
15:00 Coffee break
15:15 Post-processing (2h)
Equipment to bring:
· Camera (DSLR or mirrorless)
· Lenses (wide-angle, portrait, or zoom)
· Laptop with Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw; (recommended): Nik Software and Imagenomic
(note: some participants didn't bring their laptops in the previous workshop)
· Flash transmitter (optional, I have transmitters for Canon, Nikon and Sony to be shared)
· Your own flashes and diffusers (optional, bear in mind we have a limited space indoor. I will apply a time rule).
· Basic knowledge of off-camera flash (OCF): how to connect remotely your camera to the flash, how to change the power of the flash, how to enable high-speed sync (HSS) of your flash, etc.
· Basic knowledge of Photoshop (layers, masking, etc.)
· Ideally, you have attended my seminar to understand the theory and techniques that I use to create art portraits.
My next seminar will be in Brussels on 20 October 2019: https://www.facebook.com/events/1110597232478787/
- If you don't have those above, bring your strong motivation to learn.
"I have attended several workshops and shoot events in Belgium and it was the first where the possibility to use ones own lights was offered. This improved the learning experience as it makes the photographer more familiar with its own equipment. The editing part was interesting too, giving an insight on a part of the creative process that is usually not shared."
"Once again I loved the workshop. There is nothing better than learning together in a friendly environment, with kindred spirits. The couple of meeting I did the last weeks, gave me the opportunity to take this picture on Monday at the wedding ceremony of my nephew. A couple of months ago I would not have been able to take this picture: speedlight with umbrella, just like the day before in Bruges. So thanks for the practice!"
I hope to see you on 17 November 2019 for a learning experience together!