‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’ combines relaxation, nature and culture
Art Sanctuary, - the organizer of the yearly international art exhibition ‘The Enchanted Garden’, - invites you to a surprise day-off and a relaxing adventure in a magnifique, colourful nature garden featuring an international art exhibition. ‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’ combines relaxation, nature and culture!
In this tranquil, private, and sheltered garden, you, your partner or friends may enjoy sunny spots or the dappled shade underneath trees. The ‘floating’ terraces invite you to read, relax, play chess, cards or games.
You can listen to the birds, the frogs and the buzzing nature, or you may choose to bring your own music (earphones needed).
You can enjoy the international art exhibition with more than 400 sculptures.
Be surprised, be creative: a sunbath? A book on the floating terraces? A walk through the shady forest? Listen to music? Put your feet in the refreshing frog pond? A game of chess? Get lost by the scents and colours from nature? And don't forget the more than 400 sculptures in the garden?
The ‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’ has several water features, romantic ponds, the Heart and the Frog pond, brooks, fountains, and streaming water. Floating terraces invite you to follow the albino koi’s, the ‘Monster Fish’, gold fishes and orfes (Leuciscus idus melanotus).
If you’re lucky then you can spot our heron or our blue kingfisher. The frogs have learned to respect the quietness of the garden.
In the labyrinth you get lost in the smells and the colours of the rose hedge, the Hibiscus shrubs and the summer weeds, herbs and plants.
‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’ is large and natural garden, situated just near the ‘border’ between the French and the Flemish part of Belgium, hosts also a most special International Art exhibition: It is eclectic, with a multitude of expressions in spirit and form – amazing and beautiful, fun and burlesque, poetic, thoughtful, meditative … It is ‘Art Inspired by, and in Dialogue With, Nature’.
More than thirty artists from Belgium, France, Indonesia, Netherlands, Norway, United Kingdom, and the United States are represented with works in glass, stone, metal, wood, and ceramics, land art and music of Barbara Hills.
It’s a garden to enjoy the Nature, enjoy the Environment, and treat Yourself, to be surprised by the more than 400 art works, the scent of the roses and the flowering wildflowers, and to Wonder and Ponder.
The Ravel that connects Tienen, Hoegaarden, Jodoigne and Namur passes by the 'The Ponder Worden Garden'. It gives you the opportunity to come by bike. You can also walk or cycle on the Ravel.
Guidelines to have a surprise day off and a relaxing adventure in a magnifique, colourful nature garden featuring an international art exhibition, ‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’:
- Relaxing summer clothing or for sunbathing is recommended. A sweater for walking through the cooler parts is a good idea. If you want to enjoy the refreshing water, then please bring also a swimsuit and some bath towels with you.
- You can enjoy ‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’ each Wednesday in August 2019 from 11:00 till 20:00 (14€ / persoon / dag).
- You can bring your own lunch and drinks. Please clean-up the garbage. As an option we offer also a drinks-included formula (supplement of 6€ / person / day for an all-in soft drinks).
- Some children will find the garden too peaceful and boring.
- Reservation is necessary! Maximum 20 persons a day are allowed in ‘The Ponder Wonder Garden’.
Tone Aanderaa & Ignace Clarysse
Art Sanctuary, Rue du Tilleul 22,
1370 Saint-Jean-Geest (Jodoigne)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone / GSM : +32(0)493 628 540
- You can also visit the garden and the exhibition without reservation during the opening hours (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays between 13 and 20 hours).
- ‘The Enchanted Garden’ is situated halfway between Brussels and Liège (40km), near ‘De Vlaamse Toontuinen’ in Hoegaarden, in the beautiful Hesbaye landscape around Jodoigne, on the bicycle path between Tienen and Namur (Ravel) on the N25 (Tienen – Charleroi) connecting the E40 (Brussels – Liège) and the E411 (Brussels – Namur). Follow the 'Art Sanctuary' boards.
- The Ravel that connects Tienen, Hoegaarden, Jodoigne and Namur passes by the 'The Ponder Worden Garden'. It gives you the opportunity to come by bike. You can also walk or cycle on the Ravel.